1/1 Photo of Summertime Orzo & Chicken
The title says it all...a perfect meal to enjoy during the hot summer months. I love the ease of preperation, and the fact that this can be served warm, or chilled. I actually made this yesterday, and did chill it for several hours. I had the rest of it for lunch today, and although I did use an extra teaspoon of olive oil and an additional squeeze of lemon, it was still mighty tasty! From the current issue of "Taste of Home" and originally submitted by Fran MacMillan from West Melbourne, Florida.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook chicken over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3In a large bowl, comine the cucumber, onion, parsley and chicken.
- 4Drain pasta; stir into chicken mixture.
- 5In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- 6Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- 7Serve warm or cold.
- 8Just before serving; sprinkle with the cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Summertime Orzo & Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 659.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 28.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat feta cheese