This is a truly delicious and easy vegetarian quiche that my family love. Its so simple to whip up on a weeknight and even though it has no meat is substantial enough to satisfy the hungriest of kids or partners. The subtle flavour of basil in this impressive quiche gives it that extra special "something" and you could easily add in spinach or any of your other fave vegies to make it your own.
- Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a 23cm diametre flan pan. Use pastry to line the base and sides of the pan.
- Blind bake the pastry by placing a sheet of baking paper over it and pouring enough uncooked rice or beans over the paper to completely cover the base. Bake for 10 minutes then remove from oven and discard paper and rice. Reduce oven temperature to 180°C.
- Spread sundried tomatoes, feta, basil, olives, feta and grated cheese evenly over the base of the pastry case.
- Combine eggs, cream, and salt and pepper in a jug and whisk with a fork to combine. Pour over tomato mixture in the pastry case.
- Bake quiche for 30 to 35 minutes, or until firm in the centre. Serve.