Montana Heart Song's Note:
This was derived from having a mega bunch of sunflower seeds. I love spreads and pastes to add flavor. If you want more garlic, feel free to add more. I use on toast points, rub on chicken, crackers.It is a good rub for baked pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse 4 or 5 times.
- 2Thanks to a nice reviewer, here are suggestions if you want the spread to be easier to spread. Add 1 tblsp. olive oil and 1 tblsp water more, then a little more before processing.
- 3Note: Suggested heating the olive oil,(a total of 3 tblsp. olive oil) setting it aside with the garlic cloves in it will reduce the garlic flavor and make it more mild.
- 4Put in a small covered airtight container in the refrigerator.
- 5Note: If you use unsalted sunflower seeds,.
- 6add 1/2 teaspoons salt or 1/2 teaspoons salt substitute.
- 7Note: The longer it is stored,the more intense flavor.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunflower Seed & Garlic Spread
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 131.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 6.3 g