Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was derived from having a mega bunch of sunflower seeds. I love spreads and pastes to add flavor. If you want more garlic, feel free to add more. I use on toast points, rub on chicken, crackers.It is a good rub for baked pork chops.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and pulse 4 or 5 times.
- Thanks to a nice reviewer, here are suggestions if you want the spread to be easier to spread. Add 1 tblsp. olive oil and 1 tblsp water more, then a little more before processing.
- Note: Suggested heating the olive oil,(a total of 3 tblsp. olive oil) setting it aside with the garlic cloves in it will reduce the garlic flavor and make it more mild.
- Put in a small covered airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Note: If you use unsalted sunflower seeds,.
- add 1/2 teaspoons salt or 1/2 teaspoons salt substitute.
- Note: The longer it is stored,the more intense flavor.