Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my dearest friend gave me this recipe. She makes this on special occasions or holidays. Her husband loves this!
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
- 2 lbs cottage cheese (add more if want)
- 1 lb feta cheese (crumble in small pieces, also can add more if wanted)
- 3 eggs
- 3 scallions, chopped
- melted butter
- 1 box frozen phyllo dough (when working with these, take them out of plastic and cover with saran wrap or waxed paper and then)
- Mix spinach, cheeses, eggs and scallions in a bowl.
- Line a roasting pan or large lasagne pan with some melted butter.
- Spread about 4 filo leaves on bottom of pan.
- Spread more melted butter on top of leaves with pastry brush.
- Spread spinach/chees mixture about 1/4 inch thick on top of leaves.
- Repeat this procedure for 4-6 layers.
- End with covering the spinach with rest of leaves and more melted butter on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until crust is brown (about 45-60 minutes).
- Let it set a few minutes so you can cut it without it falling apart.
- You can freeze too to serve later.
This was very good pie!! Next time i will drain the cheeses from water for and hour our bottom got abit soggy but we dried it out whit kitchen paper :) Didnt know how much 1 box of spinach is so i used 1 150g bag of spinach per box. I also didnt understand what was that layering for so i didnt do it. Next time i will add even more feta cheese, more spinach and i will use a zaar Whole Wheat Yeast Free Herbed Pizza Dough i think this will be perfection. Thanks you for posting this!