Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
One of my dearest friend gave me this recipe. She makes this on special occasions or holidays. Her husband loves this!
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
- 2 lbs cottage cheese (add more if want)
- 1 lb feta cheese (crumble in small pieces, also can add more if wanted)
- 3 eggs
- 3 scallions, chopped
- melted butter
- 1 box frozen phyllo dough (when working with these, take them out of plastic and cover with saran wrap or waxed paper and then)
- Mix spinach, cheeses, eggs and scallions in a bowl.
- Line a roasting pan or large lasagne pan with some melted butter.
- Spread about 4 filo leaves on bottom of pan.
- Spread more melted butter on top of leaves with pastry brush.
- Spread spinach/chees mixture about 1/4 inch thick on top of leaves.
- Repeat this procedure for 4-6 layers.
- End with covering the spinach with rest of leaves and more melted butter on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until crust is brown (about 45-60 minutes).
- Let it set a few minutes so you can cut it without it falling apart.
- You can freeze too to serve later.
This was very good pie!! Next time i will drain the cheeses from water for and hour our bottom got abit soggy but we dried it out whit kitchen paper :) Didnt know how much 1 box of spinach is so i used 1 150g bag of spinach per box. I also didnt understand what was that layering for so i didnt do it. Next time i will add even more feta cheese, more spinach and i will use a zaar Whole Wheat Yeast Free Herbed Pizza Dough i think this will be perfection. Thanks you for posting this!