One of my dearest friend gave me this recipe. She makes this on special occasions or holidays. Her husband loves this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach (cooked and drained)
- 2 lbs cottage cheese (add more if want)
- 1 lb feta cheese (crumble in small pieces, also can add more if wanted)
- 3 eggs
- 3 scallions, chopped
- melted butter
- 1 box frozen phyllo dough (when working with these, take them out of plastic and cover with saran wrap or waxed paper and then)
- 1Mix spinach, cheeses, eggs and scallions in a bowl.
- 2Line a roasting pan or large lasagne pan with some melted butter.
- 3Spread about 4 filo leaves on bottom of pan.
- 4Spread more melted butter on top of leaves with pastry brush.
- 5Spread spinach/chees mixture about 1/4 inch thick on top of leaves.
- 6Repeat this procedure for 4-6 layers.
- 7End with covering the spinach with rest of leaves and more melted butter on top.
- 8Bake in 350 degree oven until crust is brown (about 45-60 minutes).
- 9Let it set a few minutes so you can cut it without it falling apart.
- 10You can freeze too to serve later.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sunny's Greek Spinach & Feta Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 475.0
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 147.0 mg
- Sodium 1427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 31.2 g