From chef Jon Ashton of Celebration, Florida - a friend I met in cooking class. This "htipiti" dip is one of a medley of Mediterranean dips served at Disney World. It's fantastic with Afelia (Pork in Coriander & Wine) - serve with pork cubes and toothpicks.
- 1 (6 ounce) package fat free feta cheese or 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup plain nonfat yogurt or 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup nonfat sour cream or 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh herb, minced (ie. mint, dill, parsley and or or basil, can also use flavored feta cheese) (optional)
- In a blender or a food processor, puree all ingredients until smooth; serve as a spread or dip with warm pita bread or sesame crispbread.