1/3 Photos of Surdyk's Greek Orzo Salad
3 hrs 30 mins
Very nice pasta salad that I found on Midwest Living's site. Add some meat if you would like a more substantial main dish salad--I added cubed grilled chicken breast to the leftover salad and it was very good. Cook time includes chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces dried orzo pasta (1 1/4 cups)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (cubed or coarsely crumbled)
- 1 cup chopped roma tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (I used 2)
- 1/2 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta according package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Put in a large bowl, cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- 2Add feta, tomatoes, olives, basil, and parsley to the chilled pasta and stir to combine.
- 3For the dressing, place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano in a jar with a screw-top lid. Shake vigorously to combine, then pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- 4Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Surdyk's Greek Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 374.3
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 534.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 11.1 g