Very nice pasta salad that I found on Midwest Living's site. Add some meat if you would like a more substantial main dish salad--I added cubed grilled chicken breast to the leftover salad and it was very good. Cook time includes chill time.
- 8 ounces dried orzo pasta (1 1/4 cups)
- 8 ounces feta cheese (cubed or coarsely crumbled)
- 1 cup chopped roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced (I used 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water and drain again. Put in a large bowl, cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Add feta, tomatoes, olives, basil, and parsley to the chilled pasta and stir to combine.
- For the dressing, place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and oregano in a jar with a screw-top lid. Shake vigorously to combine, then pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and ground black pepper.
- Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.