Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 lbs eggplants
- 1 lb tomatoes
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup gruyere
- Peel the eggplants and cut them in slices.
- Put them in salted water and let them stay for an hour.
- Combine the ground beef,egg,garlic,parsley,mint,oreà³ and pepper.
- Drain the eggplants and fry them lightly.
- Make the meatballs (oval shape) and put them to grill for 5'-7' minutes for each side.
- Let them cool a bit and wrap them with the eggplant slices.
- Put them in an oven pan.
- Put the the tomatoes and the peppers in the blender and pour over the meatballs.
- On the top add the cheese and some parsley and let for 30' at medium oven temperature.