I got this recipe on the Kraft Canada Website. I tried it for our family get together at Easter and it was a hit. Since the cream cheese is only sweetened with a bit of honey, it balances out nicely with the baklava which is very sweet on its own. This is one I'll definitely be making again.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Mix walnuts, sugar and spices; set aside. (To finely chop the nuts, place them along with the sugar in a food processor container and cover. Process until the nuts are finely chopped.).
- 2Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup of the honey and the vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time beating well after each addition.
- 3Place layers of the phyllo sheets in a 13x9 inch baking pan, brushing each layer with the melted butter and sprinkling a rounded tablespoon full of the walnut mixture over every other layer of phyllo. After all the layers are done, spread the top with the cream cheese mixture. (NOTE - to keep the phyllo from drying out, keep them covered with a sheet of plastic wrap or parchment and a damp towel until ready to use.).
- 4Bake 25-30 minutes or until the cream cheese mixture is set.
- 5Heat the remaining 1/4 cup of honey and drizzle over the baklava.
- 6Cool to room temperature.
- 7Cut into squares and serve.
- 8Storage know how - Cover with plastic wrap and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. For best flavour, remove from refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sweet Cheese Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 60.8 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g