This is from Cooking Light. Posting for ZWT3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 2 1/4 cups minced white onions
- 3/4 cup minced green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 9 cups chopped trimmed swiss chard (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 large egg whites
- 10 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed (18 x 14-inch)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat.
- 3Add white onion; sauté 7 minutes or until golden. Add green onions and garlic, and sauté 1 minute.
- 4Stir in chard; cook 2 minutes or until chard wilts.
- 5Stir in parsley and mint, and cook 1 minute. Place in a large bowl; cool slightly.
- 6Stir in cheeses, salt, pepper, and egg whites.
- 7Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board (cover remaining phyllo to prevent drying), and coat with cooking spray.
- 8Top with 1 phyllo sheet, and coat with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with 3 additional sheets.
- 9Cut phyllo stack into a 14-inch square. Place square in center of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray, allowing phyllo to extend up long sides of dish.
- 10Cut 14 x 4-inch piece into 2 (7 x 4-inch) rectangles.
- 11Fold each rectangle in half lengthwise.
- 12Place a rectangle against each short side of dish.
- 13Spread the chard mixture evenly over phyllo.
- 14Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board (cover remaining phyllo to prevent drying), and coat with cooking spray.
- 15Top with 1 phyllo sheet, and coat with cooking spray.
- 16Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo sheets. Place 18 x 14-inch phyllo stack over chard mixture.
- 17Fold phyllo edges into center. Coat with cooking spray.
- 18Score phyllo by making 2 lengthwise cuts and 3 crosswise cuts to form 12 rectangles. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until golden.
- 19Note: Cut the phyllo stacks so they fit in and up the long side of the baking dish. Arrange folded section against short edges of dish to encase filling.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Swiss Chard Spanakopita Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.8
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 14.7 mg
- Sodium 451.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 6.4 g