Developed for the RSC#7 contest, this is easy and the taste is flavorful! This also makes a great dip or sauce to serve over vegs., etc.
- 4 tablespoons sesami tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄8 cup capers, minced
- 1⁄8 cup kalamata olive, minced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- paprika (to garnish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked and cooled (or canned)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl.If you would like a little sweetness, add the brown sugar. But try it without first. If the sauce is too thick, you may thin with a little water or lemon juice.
- Slice vegetables for salad. Add chickpeas. Place on plate, salt and pepper to taste, but remember the dressing is full of flavor! Sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Add the dressing and enjoy! The dressing is also good over felafels, vegs., and grains.
- If taking on a picnic, pack the salad and the dressing separately. Mix together when serving.