Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Developed for the RSC#7 contest, this is easy and the taste is flavorful! This also makes a great dip or sauce to serve over vegs., etc.
- 4 tablespoons sesami tahini
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄8 cup capers, minced
- 1⁄8 cup kalamata olive, minced
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar (optional)
- paprika (to garnish)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (any color)
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked and cooled (or canned)
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Mix dressing ingredients together in a bowl.If you would like a little sweetness, add the brown sugar. But try it without first. If the sauce is too thick, you may thin with a little water or lemon juice.
- Slice vegetables for salad. Add chickpeas. Place on plate, salt and pepper to taste, but remember the dressing is full of flavor! Sprinkle feta cheese over the top.
- Add the dressing and enjoy! The dressing is also good over felafels, vegs., and grains.
- If taking on a picnic, pack the salad and the dressing separately. Mix together when serving.
absolutely delicious! Nothing 'shy' about this dressing - full of assertive layers of flavour (just as I like it). Tried it first without the sugar - good, but a bit 'rough' around the edges...the 1/2 tsp of brown sugar really smoothed them out. Loved the veggy/cheese combo, which I used to fill a pita wrap. This is one salad that makes an excellent sandwich! Good going, chef.
This an interesting combination. While I liked the dressing, I thought the salad itself would have been better if the vegetables had been diced instead of sliced. I used a sweet white onion in place of the red simply because I didn't have the red. I did add the optional brown sugar. Thanks!