I created this soup with all of our favorite flavors and ingredients in mind. You may omit the vinegar, if you would like it less tart. Cook time includes 6 hours in the crock pot.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large potatoes, roughly diced
- 18 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook 1 hour on high, then 5 hours on low (or 7 hours on low, if you are not available to switch crock pot from high to low).
- If you don't have a crock pot, soup can just as easily be simmered for a long time on the stove, until the chicken is falling apart, about 3 hours.
- Before serving, break up chicken into large bite size pieces, and taste for salt.