I created this soup with all of our favorite flavors and ingredients in mind. You may omit the vinegar, if you would like it less tart. Cook time includes 6 hours in the crock pot.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 large potatoes, roughly diced
- 18 baby carrots, sliced
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 236.59 ml marinated artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 (850.48 g) can chicken broth
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 59.14 ml white wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml fresh oregano or 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 0.59-1.23 ml black pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml lemon pepper
- 0.59-1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59-1.23 ml onion powder
- 0.59-1.23 ml ground coriander
- 0.59-1.23 ml sugar
- Place all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook 1 hour on high, then 5 hours on low (or 7 hours on low, if you are not available to switch crock pot from high to low).
- If you don't have a crock pot, soup can just as easily be simmered for a long time on the stove, until the chicken is falling apart, about 3 hours.
- Before serving, break up chicken into large bite size pieces, and taste for salt.