Creating a pizza for the Quisine Queens (Zaar World Tour #2) was not as tough a challenge as some might expect. Diverse interests and backgrounds reulted in a tasty pizza! Chef Kate - spring onions, Susie D - shrimp, Lauralie41 - prepared crust and sauce katia - kalamata olives, evelyn/athens - feta, twissis - mushrooms, tigerduck - arugula and chili oil, stormylee - mozzarella, chefwally - red pepper flakes and fresh basil
- 1 prepared 12-inch pizza crust (like Boboli)
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml prepared pizza or 118.29 ml spaghetti sauce
- 2.46 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano (preferably Greek)
- 1.23 ml dried red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- lots of freshly-cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely minced
- 226.79 g cooked shrimp (if the shrimp are large, chop them up or slice into smaller pieces)
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms (fresh)
- 59.14 ml sliced kalamata olive
- 59.14 ml sliced green onion (spring or fresh)
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 78.07 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 22.18 ml parmesan cheese, grated
Garnish at table
- fresh basil leaf, torn
- fresh arugula leaf, torn
- chili oil, to drizzle over top
- Preheat pizza stone in oven at 450°F Brush olive oil over crust and spread with prepared pizza sauce. Sprinkle on basil, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper and garlic.
- Distribute shrimp, mushrooms, olives and onions over pizza.
- Combine 3 cheeses and sprinkle evenly over pizza.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice at table (do try to have some arugula and chili oil to drizzle over) and enjoy!
- With much love from the Quisine Queens.
Good. It was like having a Mediterranean dish. A little spicy. I added tomatoes just under the cheese and it was a nice addition (it just looked too pretty in the picture not to add). All the flavors blended really well together.
i had made this once before but it was rather too heavy on the cheese for our liking so i amended it with spectacular results! I increased the amount of sauce by double, i cooked the shrimp in chilli oil, and halved the amount of mozzarella and quartered the amount of feta leaving the parmesan at recipe quantity. when it had cooked i covered it with chopped fresh coriander and drizzled it with chilli oil. a pizza to die for - this was my dear husbands comment!
This was simply DEEEEEE-LISH, evelyn! What a great pizza. I had some spaghetti sauce in the freezer I pulled out and used. I bought cooked shrimp from the fish store and heated them in chili oil with garlic, onions, and mushrooms. I put everything on a thin crust pizza crust and put on my stone on the grill. All DH and DS could say was MMM-MM GOOD!