1/22 Photos of The Ultimate Greek Salad
This is the most delicious salad - fresh and wonderful-tasting. FYI, lettuce can very much be a part of any greek salad - if you want it to. We like lettuce in my family and I often add it. It would not be 'authentic' in a Horiatiki (village) salad, but who cares?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (Mediterranean is best)
- 1 head lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces ((I use Romaine)
- 3 large plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped (the long, thin, almost seedless ones)
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin rings and soaked for 10 minutes in a small bowl of ice water to make it less sharp
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin rings
- 3/4 cup kalamata olive
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1Whisk dressing ingredients together until blended.
- 2Season to taste.
- 3Drain onion from ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Combine all salad ingredients, except cheese, in large bowl.
- 5Toss with dressing.
- 6Sprinkle cheese over and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for The Ultimate Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.2
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.6 mg
- Sodium 353.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 4.6 g