Any pointers would be great, this is the first time I've written up a recipe - so any advice, anything I should add, omit, et. Al would be much appreciated. This is a Greek side dish, which actually can make a nice main course as well. If cauliflower isn't really you bag, you can replace it with broccoli. I got this recipe, along with a few other ones, from a file a friend of mine sent me. It's surprisingly good, and filling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix together the three cheeses together. I've found that a regular zip lock bag works best.
- 3Wash and trim the core and leaves off of the head of cauliflower.
- 4Cut into medium-sized pieces, and boil in well-salted water for 10 minutes. Drain and set to the side.
- 5Heat 3 cups of milk over medium-low heat in a saucepan. Mix in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Do not let mixture boil.
- 6Beat together the remaining milk (1 cup), eggs, and cornstarch.
- 7When the milk mixture (step 5) starts to steam, add in the beaten egg mixture, whisking continuously to avoid a boil.
- 8Once sauce thickens, remove from head and stir in roughly 2/3 of the mixed cheeses.
- 9Spread cauliflower across the bottom of a 13"x10" pan. Pour sauce over evenly, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- 10Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Cheese Cauliflower [soufle Kounoupithiou]
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.3
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 111.5 mg
- Sodium 747.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.5 g
- Protein 21.5 g