Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, warm
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (less if the feta is very salty)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups feta, crumbled
- 8 ounces cottage cheese, small curd
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs, beaten
- pastry dough (See recipe link)
- olive, sliced (optional)
- Melt butter in heavy saucepan.
- Blend in flour, stirring constantly for 2 minutes to form a paste.
- Add milk with salt and pepper; stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine cheeses with eggs; pour into cream sauce and mix well. Set aside.
- Remove prepared dough from refrigerator; allow to come to room temperature.
- Press into bottom of 13 X 9 -inch baking pan.
- Bake shell at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven; pour filling over crust.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 15 minutes before cutting into squares.
- Garnish with olives.
- Serve warm.