Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of my fave greek dishes; taken from greekcuisine.com for ZWT.
Make and share this Tiropita - Greek Cheese Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; blend in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk or wooden spoon. Add salt and nutmeg, stirring occasionally, simmer for 5 minutes, or until white sauce is thick. Cool.
- Mash feta cheese with a fork and combine with the grated cheese, well beaten eggs, parsley and white sauce.
- Butter a 9X13 inch baking pan.
- Line with half the pastry sheets, brushing each sheet with butter, and letting them come up the sides of the pan.
- Pour in the cheese filling and cover with the remaining pastry sheets, brushing each sheet with butter.
- Brush top with remaining butter and, with a sharp knife, score the top sheets into strips about 3 inches wide from one end of the pan to the other. Bake in a moderate oven until golden, about 45 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.