1 hr 30 mins
One of my fave greek dishes; taken from greekcuisine.com for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat; blend in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly with wire whisk or wooden spoon. Add salt and nutmeg, stirring occasionally, simmer for 5 minutes, or until white sauce is thick. Cool.
- 2Mash feta cheese with a fork and combine with the grated cheese, well beaten eggs, parsley and white sauce.
- 3Butter a 9X13 inch baking pan.
- 4Line with half the pastry sheets, brushing each sheet with butter, and letting them come up the sides of the pan.
- 5Pour in the cheese filling and cover with the remaining pastry sheets, brushing each sheet with butter.
- 6Brush top with remaining butter and, with a sharp knife, score the top sheets into strips about 3 inches wide from one end of the pan to the other. Bake in a moderate oven until golden, about 45 minutes.
- 7Cut into squares and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiropita - Greek Cheese Pie
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 58.3 mg
- Sodium 345.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: