1 hr 15 mins
** Poppy **'s Note:
a rich dish, brilliant for lunch, served hot, or cold
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2mix ingredients; knead for about 2-3 minutes; adding flour to until it doesn't stick to the hands- separate into 3 equal parts.
- 4beat eggs.
- 5mix all other ingredients; heat in pot until cheese starts melting.
- 6allow to cool to room temperature; then mix in eggs.
- 8roll out the 3 dough balls- so that each one is a bit bigger than your baking pan (i use 8x12 in.)- the amount of dough, for that size will give you the right thickness.
- 9place the first layer on the greased pan, with ends hanging over the pan rim- add half the filling, follow on with the second dough layer-add the rest of the filling,finish off with the last dough layer; fold the dough layers together pluck a few holes with a knife, making sure you go through the second layer of dough.
- 10bake for 3/4 hour at around 400 degrees F.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiropita (Greek Cheese Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 354.1
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 108.3 mg
- Sodium 517.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 14.3 g