1/3 Photos of Tiropitakia (Miniature Greek Cheese Pies)
Small cheese pies to be served as a snack or hors d'ouevre.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Pastry
For the Filling
- 1Remove the filo pastry from the refrigerator and let stand at room temperature about 1 hour.
- 2Make the filling by mashing the feta until it crumbles.
- 3Add to this the eggs, Emmenthal cheese, ricotta, parsley, mint and pepper and blend well.
- 4Cut each filo leaf into a strip 6 x 12" (15 x 30 cm).
- 5Brush each leaf with the melted butter.
- 6Fold the leaves in half lengthwise making strips 3 x l1" (6 x 30 cm).
- 7Again brush with butter and place 1 Tbsp.
- 8of the filling at the bottom of each leaf.
- 9Fold over to form a triangle (like you were folding a flag) and continue folding until the strip is completed.
- 10Repeat with each of the strips and place the completed triangles on a well greased cookie sheet.
- 11Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 12Brush the tops of each triangle with butter and then with a mixture of the egg yolk and 2 Tbsp of water.
- 13Sprinkle over with the sesame seeds and bake in a medium oven until the pastries are golden brown and flaky (about 20- 30 minutes).
- 14Serve hot or cool.
- 15Yields 16- 24 pastries.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tiropitakia (Miniature Greek Cheese Pies)
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 213.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: