Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
An easy and delicious-sounding Greek pastry from "The Best of Greek Cuisine" by Georgia Sarianides. Posted for ZWT 4 - Greece.
- 6 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 (16 ounce) can peaches, drained and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the eggs and sugar. Add the butter, milk and vanilla and beat for 5 minutes. Mix the flour, baking powder and peaches and add this to the egg mixture. Beat mixture together for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan and pour the mixture evenly in and around the pan. Bake for 45 to 1 hour or until golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
Easy cake to make and uses ingredients that I have in my cabinets. Like the moistness of it and the flavor. Thank You. Made for ZWT 4 The Mamma Mias
A very easy cake to make that is very moist and has a light peach flavor. I used my KitchenAid mixer and zipped thru making this cake. When taking the cake out of my bundt pan I did have an "oops' and part of the cake tore off. I patted it back together and had no trouble from there. Made and reviewed for ZWT 4.
Very Nice! I made a half recipe in mini bundt pans. I used 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar. 1/2 cup 1% milk and 2T lowfat buttermilk. 1 cup whole wheat flour and 1/2 cup unbleached white flour. And 2 cups of fresh chopped tree ripened Apriums. This has a nice smooth texture and has a mild custardy flavor. Freddy Cat says thanks for the sweets! Made for the ZWT4.