1/3 Photos of Toasted Pita Salad
From Cooking Light, August 2009. It took me this long to get around to trying it.....too busy cooking Zaar recipes! Cook time includes cooking time and standing time!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 inches pita bread, split in half horizontally
- 3 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups English cucumbers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup marjoram, chopped (may use oregano for a stronger taste)
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place pitas on a biking sheet; bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely. Break into small pieces.
- 3Combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through parsley) in a large bowl.
- 4Combine lime juice and remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir with a whisk. Pour juice mixture over tomato mixture; toss gently.
- 5Add pita pieces to bowl; toss gently.
- 6Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Toasted Pita Salad
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.1
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 276.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 2.6 g