A wonderfully intensely flavored pasta salad by Ina Garten in her Barefoot Contessa episode: Perfect Pasta. You will enjoy this! Perfect for picnics or right inside the house. For a gluten free version use rice pasta. Some people have made this a main dish by adding chopped chicken. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fusilli (spirals-whole wheat is great!)
- kosher salt
- olive oil
- 1 lb ripe tomato, medium-diced
- 3/4 cup good kalamata olive, pitted, diced (or other good black olives)
- 1 lb good feta cheese, medium-diced (or use mozzarella if you like or try goat cheese)
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar (or try lemon juice with some of the zest)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup packed flat leaf parsley, chopped (or use basil if you like)
- 1Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package.
- 2Drain well and allow to cool. Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, olives, feta and chopped sun-dried tomatoes.
- 3For the dressing:.
- 4Combine the sun-dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt(taste before adding salt) and pepper in a food processor and process until almost smooth.
- 5Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and parsley, and toss well. Enjoy!
- 6Possible additions to salad:.
- 8Artichoke hearts.
- 9A tablespoon of white wine mustard.
- 11Fresh spinach(can mix with hot pasta to wilt spinach).
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Feta Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (1557 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.1
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.7 g
- Saturated Fat 16.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.1 mg
- Sodium 1578.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 23.6 g