Adapted from the Barefoot Contessa show, this is easy and gets raves! You may easily halve this recipe. Feel free to add olive and cucumbers if you wish.
- 8 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups small red onions, diced (2 onions)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs feta cheese (or to taste)
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Add onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Toss well.
- Dice the feta in 1/2 inch cubes, crumbling it as little as possible.
- Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!
What a great way to eat! Fantastic flavors in this winner of a salad. Though I substituted some ingredients due to the availability situation in my pantry, it was still a success. Instead of white wine vinegar - used red wine vinegar, instead of red onions - used Vidalia, instead of grape tomatoes - used red stem cluster tomatoes, and didn't use parsley because I didn't have any. Served it over a bed of arugula. Just an all-around tasty, tasty! Thank you Sharon123!!!
What a great summer recipe this turned out to be. Fresh cukes from the garden, tomatoes and onion. I used feta crumbles instead of cubes as this is what I always have on hand. The dressing is the perfect marinade to bring all these lovelies together. MMMMmmmmm. Wonderful!!!
This was made using fresh garden tomatoes and a sweet onion. The dressing is very light and refreshing. I will make this often when tomatoes are in season.