Adapted from the Barefoot Contessa show, this is easy and gets raves! You may easily halve this recipe. Feel free to add olive and cucumbers if you wish.
- 8 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups small red onions, diced (2 onions)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar (or champagne vinegar)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs feta cheese (or to taste)
- Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl.
- Add onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Toss well.
- Dice the feta in 1/2 inch cubes, crumbling it as little as possible.
- Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature. Enjoy!