Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I threw this together with ingredients I often have on hand, since I love Mediterranean flavors. It's a great dinner starter or a perfect lunch when served with good quality bread and wine. This recipe will serve one for a lunch portion or 2-3 for a dinner starter.
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced somewhat thick (room temperature)
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 ounce goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Arrange the sliced tomatoes on a plate without overlapping. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the goat cheese all over the tomatoes and then sprinkle the black olives on top. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately.
I saw the picture and thought this sounded so good. I had a wedge of bleu cheese, so I used that instead of the goat cheese. I also drizzled with a tiny bit of balsamic. I wish I had bread and wine to go with it, LOL. It was delicious.
I used big, juicy homegrown tomatoes for this and it was great! I added some sliced vidalia onions just because I love tomatoes and onions. I also added just a splash of red wine vinegar with the olive oil. If you have garden fresh tomatoes, you must make this..... and make sure to use the goat cheese (don't sub it out)! I'm going to make this often with my tomatoes. Each time I am going to sprinkle it with a different fresh herb (basil or parsley or cilantro or thyme, etc) and it will be like a while new salad each time! Thanx!