If you have ever baked with phyllo, then I urge you to make this recipe, I have made this 4 times in the last month, it is the most wonderful phyllo recipe! I served this to my guests just recently and was asked to prepare this for an upcoming friend's party. You will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or more or less)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste, I used sliced)
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 lbs firm ripe tomatoes, halved, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (or to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1Set oven to 375.
- 2Brush a 15 x 10-inch baking pan with butter.
- 3Place 1 phyllo sheet in prepared pan (edges may go up sides of baking pan).
- 4Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- 5Repeat layer with remaining phyllo, melted butter and Parmesan cheese.
- 6Top with layers of mozzarella cheese (I used sliced mozza cheese to make sure that the cheese was even) onion, then tomatoes.
- 7Sprinkle with oregano and thyme.
- 8Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges are golden brown, the cheese melts and the tomatoes are tender.
- 9Let stand for 6 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Mozzarella Phyllo Crust Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (1304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.6
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 26.9 mg
- Sodium 236.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 5.8 g