1 hr 15 mins
I haven't tried this yet. I was looking for a recipe similar to this wonderful stuff that my greek roomate uded to make in college. We called it tomato spegetti -- but basically it was potatoes, tomato sauce, and basil. but i forgot what else. this recipe seemed kinda close. hope you like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 medium red potatoes, washed & grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large firm very ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 3 ounces gorgonzola or 3 ounces chevre cheese or 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 whole basil leaves, cut 1/4 inch strips
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place the rack in the lowest position.
- 2Place potatoes in a strainer and press with the back of a spoon to remove all the moisture.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the potatoes, salt, pepper, garlic, thyme, vinegar, egg and two tablespoons of the olive oil.
- 4Pat the mixture into a well-oiled 9-inch pie plate.
- 5Bake for 30 minutes.
- 6Remove from the oven and brush the crust with the remaining oil.
- 7Arrange tomatoes in concentric overlapping circles on the potatoes.
- 8Sprinkle with cheese and basil.
- 9Season with salt and pepper to taste and return to the oven.
- 10Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is light brown and bubbly.
- 11Remove and allow to cool for five munutes before cutting into wedges.
- 12Makes approximately six servings.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Potato Galette
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 322.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar