The buttery and flakey phyllo is a great compliment to the cheese filling. Use more ricotta if feta is too bold of a taste. This is the way my mom makes it. Recipe taken from "The Complete Book of Greek Cooking, The Recipe Club of St. Pauls Greek Cathedral".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine crumbled feta and ricotta cheeses.
- 3Add eggs and beat thouroughly, then parsley and mix well.
- 4Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in a 9x9 in baking dish and brush lightly with melted butter.
- 5Lay another sheet of phyllo dough on top, brush with butter, and repeat with four more sheets of phyllo.
- 6Spread cheese mixture into pan and place another 6 sheets of phyllo in the same process as before.
- 7Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.
- 8Serve while hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Traditional Greek Tiropetes (Cheese Phyllo Pie)
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.5
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 273.8 mg
- Sodium 1290.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 27.6 g