Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a method I devised to use up any leftover dry,stale tsourekia after the excesses of Greek Easter. Note that it can used with any rich sweet bread like challah or brioche too although the flavour will be slightly different. I have suggested some variations so feel free to improvise with whatever you have on hand.
- To get the tsoureki crumbs, slice any dry tsoureki loaf you may have or any leftover pieces, chop and then grind it in a small chopper until you have 6 cups which you place in a large bowl.
- Add the almonds and coconut and mix well.
- Add the condensed milk and mix carefully, you should have a moist mixture which easily sticks together, if it is too wet add more crumbs.
- Make small balls and roll in coconut.
- Variations: You can add some finely chopped glace fruits or fruit peel.
- Hazelnut meal can be used instead of almond meal.
- You can roll the balls in white sprinkles or dip them in white chocolate instead of the coconut.