2 hrs 35 mins
** Poppy **'s Note:
Loaves are light, sweet and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water.
- 2Add a teacup of flour and beat the mix with a towel and place it in a warm place to rise.
- 3Slightly heat the milk, the sugar, the butter and the orange rind and place them in a bowl.
- 4Add the yeast, the eggs, beaten, and the flour, stirring constantly.
- 5Make sure the dough is neither too soft nor too tough.
- 6Cover this dough with a towel and let it stand in a warm place for about an hour and a half.
- 7When the dough has doubled in size, knead it again by hand and shape plaited breads.
- 8(Traditionally for easter, red colored hard cooked eggs may be pressed into the braided bread) Brush the breads with 2-3 beaten egg yolks and bake them in a medium oven for about 30-35 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tsourekia- Greek Easter Bread
Serving Size: 1 (2133 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3552.6
- Calories from Fat 1032
- Total Fat 114.7 g
- Saturated Fat 65.2 g
- Cholesterol 887.0 mg
- Sodium 911.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 549.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 152.4 g
- Protein 79.2 g