1/1 Photo of Turkey and Pepper Moussaka
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 20 mins
No lamb, no eggplant, I'm not sure what makes this moussaka, but it's really good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 green peppers, cut into strips
- 2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add pepper strips, saute 8 minutes. Remove to a medium size bowl.
- 3In same skillet cook turkey and onions, stirring to break clumps until turkey is no longer pink. Drain excess liquid from skillet.
- 4Drain tomatoes. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, cinnamon, salt and pepper to turkey in skillet, cook 3 minutes, remove from heat.
- 5Sprinkle 1/3 cup bread crumbs over bottom of a 13x9inch baking dish. Arrange half the pepper strips over bottom. Layer with turkey mixture; top with remaining bread crumbs and pepper strips.
- 6Stir together ricotta cheese, feta cheese and eggs until well blended. Spread mixture over entire casserole, cover with foil.
- 7Bake, covered, until bubbly around edges, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Remove from oven, remove foil.
- 8Turn on broiler. Broil casserole until topping is browned, about 3 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey and Pepper Moussaka
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.3
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 116.4 mg
- Sodium 803.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
fat-free ricotta cheese