Regina Marie's Note:
For that family looking for a healthy Greek recipe that will satisfy any taste buds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Tzatziki sauce (yogurt sauce)
- 8 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped cucumber (seeded)
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In a small bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.
- 3In separate bowl, combine seasonings.
- 4Add turkey and knead until well mixed.
- 5Shape into 1 inch thick, 3 inch long pieces.
- 6Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- 7Place turkey slices into skillet.
- 8Cook until the center is no longer pink (8-10 minutes).
- 9Add lettuce, tomato and onion as desired.
- 10Serve with tzatziki sauce.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Gyro
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.9
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 90.8 mg
- Sodium 1222.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 32.3 g