Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For that family looking for a healthy Greek recipe that will satisfy any taste buds.
Make and share this Turkey Gyro recipe from Food.com.
Tzatziki sauce (yogurt sauce)
- 8 ounces plain fat-free yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup chopped cucumber (seeded)
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 pieces pita bread
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- In a small bowl combine the first 5 ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine seasonings.
- Add turkey and knead until well mixed.
- Shape into 1 inch thick, 3 inch long pieces.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.
- Place turkey slices into skillet.
- Cook until the center is no longer pink (8-10 minutes).
- Add lettuce, tomato and onion as desired.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce.