1 hr 45 mins
This recipe is lower in fat but has a great flavor. This also freezes well for make-ahead cooking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced 1/4 inch thin
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt & pepper
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 eggs
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Heat oil in skillet, add eggplant, sauté 5 minutes per side; remove.
- 3Add turkey and onion, stirring to break up clumps.
- 4Cook until browned, drain excess grease.
- 5Add tomatoes to skillet, add garlic, oregano, basil, tomato paste, cinnamon, salt, pepper.
- 6Stir until cooked through, 10 minutes.
- 7Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray and sprinkle with a thin layer of bread crumbs.
- 8Add a layer of eggplant, a layer of turkey mixture and sprinkle with parmesan.
- 9Top with bread crumbs,repeat layers.
- 10In a medium bowl stir together ricotta, feta, eggs and spread over casserole.
- 11Cover with aluminum foil.
- 12Bake for 1 hr 10 minutes.
- 13Remove from oven and remove tin foil.
- 14Increase oven temp to broil.
- 15Broil for 3-4 minutes until top is browned.
- 16Let this stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Moussaka
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 523.8
- Calories from Fat 265
- Total Fat 29.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 206.1 mg
- Sodium 939.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 38.8 g