Prep 1 hr 34 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tired of the same ole turkey sandwiches after Thanksgiving? Try this. Also can be made with chicken. Prep time includes chill time.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup peeled cucumber, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 cup halved green seedless grape
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cups cooked turkey (bite size chunks)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 6 pita breads (cut in half)
- 1 head red leaf lettuce
- In bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, dill and mint.
- Add grapes, bell peppers, celery, turkey and cheese.
- Chill at least 1 hour for flavors to mingle.
- Line each pita half with red lettuce leaves.
- Then spoon turkey mixture into each sandwich.
Very yummy day one... not so good day 2.
Quick and easy with leftover chicken and I skipped the grapes just because I didn`t have them. I toasted the pita over an open fire then stuffed them!
Made this for DD's lunch and we both enjoyed! I used low fat sour cream instead of yogurt, did not use all the required feta cheese, and used romaine lettuce instead of red lettuce. The mixture also tastes good rolled in a tortilla.