Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Stumbled across these when searching for ZWT recipes. Sound delish! Servings is a wild guess for now; I'll update when I make them.
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 2 whole eggs (Beaten)
- 7⁄8 cup feta cheese
- 0.5 (17 ounce) package phyllo dough (Approx. 8 sheets)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch pepper (To taste)
- Crumble feta cheese into a bowl.
- Add cottage cheese, parsley and eggs and beat together with fork until well blended.
- Season with pepper.
- Cut fyllo pastry down the longest length into 2 3/4-inch strips.
- Take 1 strip and cover other strips with damp tea towel.
- Brush strip with olive oil and put a heaped teaspoon of the cheese mixture on the bottom left-hand corner.
- Fold over the corner with the filling so it meets long side edge and forms a triangle.
- Continue folding the filling up and over from side to side to form a neat triangle.
- Place on an oiled baking tray and brush with oil.
- Continue with the rest of the fyllo pastry and mixture is used.
- Bake in preheated oven 375 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
I agree wth the previous poster, I prefer butter as the greasing agent. I made half with butter and half with the olive oil. The olive oil pastries ended up flaking out more than the better ones. I was able to make 15 triangles (4 layers thick) and ran out of phyllo. I still had a little bit of cheese left over. It was still good and we ended up eating all of them. Made for ZWT4 - Chic Chefs.
Good basic recipe. I got 5 little cheese pies by scaling this down to 2 servings - one for each person in the familly. We all liked them. I must say, I do prefer butter as the greasing agent for cheese pies, but these were good, too.