1/1 Photo of Tyropites (Cheese Pastries)
Stumbled across these when searching for ZWT recipes. Sound delish! Servings is a wild guess for now; I'll update when I make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crumble feta cheese into a bowl.
- 2Add cottage cheese, parsley and eggs and beat together with fork until well blended.
- 3Season with pepper.
- 4Cut fyllo pastry down the longest length into 2 3/4-inch strips.
- 5Take 1 strip and cover other strips with damp tea towel.
- 6Brush strip with olive oil and put a heaped teaspoon of the cheese mixture on the bottom left-hand corner.
- 7Fold over the corner with the filling so it meets long side edge and forms a triangle.
- 8Continue folding the filling up and over from side to side to form a neat triangle.
- 9Place on an oiled baking tray and brush with oil.
- 10Continue with the rest of the fyllo pastry and mixture is used.
- 11Bake in preheated oven 375 degrees for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- 12Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyropites (Cheese Pastries)
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.4
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 400.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 7.7 g