Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 ounces thick plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 inches cucumbers, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add yogurt and salt and beat until smooth.
- Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to remove excess moisture, then mix it into the sauce with the mint.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve lightly chilled, garnished with mint.
Excellent. The proportions are perfect. I used a very thick, lowfat Greek yogurt. I followed the recipe just as written. I made it 4 hours in advance so the flavors could meld properly. We enjoyed this on salmon burgers in pita bread. Thanx for sharing!
I made this to go with Pork Souvlaki. I didn't have wine vinegar, so I substituted balsamic. It was great but would likely have been even better with the wine vinegar. I'm always happy to find recipes that use fresh mint because I have tons of it.
This was perfect, exactly what I was hoping for. Thank you for posting this!