Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another variation of tzatziki. This recipe is adapted from "The Olive and the Caper," a Greek cookbook that I checked out from the library. This is great over baked salmon, gyro-style sandwiches, as a sauce for vegetable fritters... etc. This is best made several hours (up to the night before) before serving.
- In an airtight container (that can hold 2 cups), combine the yogurt, salt, and the garlic.
- Peel the cucumber, and remove the seeds if they are large. Finely chop the cucumber.
- Squeeze the cucumber bits to get rid of any excess liquid, then add it to the yogurt.
- Stir in the dill, pepper, and the vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to two days.