1/1 Photo of Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce)
Another variation of tzatziki. This recipe is adapted from "The Olive and the Caper," a Greek cookbook that I checked out from the library. This is great over baked salmon, gyro-style sandwiches, as a sauce for vegetable fritters... etc. This is best made several hours (up to the night before) before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In an airtight container (that can hold 2 cups), combine the yogurt, salt, and the garlic.
- 2Peel the cucumber, and remove the seeds if they are large. Finely chop the cucumber.
- 3Squeeze the cucumber bits to get rid of any excess liquid, then add it to the yogurt.
- 4Stir in the dill, pepper, and the vinegar. Mix thoroughly.
- 5Cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tzatziki (Greek Cucumber-Yogurt Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.9
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.9 mg
- Sodium 223.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g