Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
If you don't want to use veal, use a cut of sirloin, or a nice bit of pork. This cooks up quite fast and makes a delicious sauce.
- Brown meat in butter; add onion, season and pour ouzo over.
- Add basil, capers, tomato juice and paprika to taste.
- Season to taste.
- Add a little water, about 1 cup, and simmer, covered 25 minutes (you may need to add a bit more water near the end).
- Add olives and simmer 5-6 minutes longer.
- Remove onion, puree, and re-add to sauce.