6 hrs 15 mins
Kozmic Blues's Note:
I had some extra fresh mint on hand, and decided to throw this together for our New Year's party! Be sure to really press and squeeze the excess water out of your cucumber shreds so you dip stays thick, and does not become watery. I drained mine in a mesh colander and then, used my hands, but you can also use a clean tea towel or cheesecloth to squeeze out the water. Make this in the morning and let it chill all day, or overnight, for best results. Cooking time is chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shred cucumber on a box grater, sprinkle with a bit of salt, then place in a mesh colander to drag while you prepare the rest.
- 2Whisk together the vinegar, garlic, and olive oil.
- 3Fold in vegan sour cream, lemon zest and mint.
- 4Press cucumber against the strainer to get out some of the moisture, and then give it a good squeeze with you hands.
- 5Separate shreds, and fold into sour cream.
- 6Cover and let chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- 7Serve as a dip for vegetables and pita chips, or as a topping for falafel!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Tzatziki
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 22.2
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan sour cream