1/1 Photo of Vegetable Orzo with Lemon & Herb Seasoning
An easy, comforting vegetarian dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup orzo pasta (uncooked)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large carrot, sliced thinly
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh herb, chopped (sage, thyme, oregano)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Start by heating the oil in a large saucepan/wok on medium heat.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and saute for a minute or two.
- 3Add the carrot and celery and saute for another 2 minutes.
- 4Then add the chopped bell pepper and continue sauteeing for another 2-3 minutes.
- 5Add in the mushrooms and the orzo, stirring them into the vegetable mixture.
- 6Pour in enough broth to cover, about 1 cup.
- 7Let the orzo absorb the broth, adding more as necessary.
- 8Add in the grated lemon rind and herbs (and chili pepper flakes, if desired).
- 9When the orzo has absorbed all the broth and is plump looking, the meal is ready to serve.
- 10Season with salt and pepper and serve with a nice crusty bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetable Orzo with Lemon & Herb Seasoning
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 465.2
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 67.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of