Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mix and match the seafood to your own liking, with clams, mussels and/or squid. You can substitute the turmeric for 10-12 saffron strands.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 leek, cut into thin rings
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered,tops and core removed,then cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and finely cut
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 3 -4 cups fish stock or 3 -4 cups vegetable stock or 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1⁄2 lbs white fish fillets, approx
- 8 large raw prawns, shelled or with shells left on
- white pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped basil
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry your celery, leek, onion, garlic and chili for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, turmeric, oregano, white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add 3 cups of the stock; bring to the boil simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Now add the fish and after 3-4 minutes add the prawns, when they turn pink the soup is ready.
- If you want more liquid add the remaining stock.
- Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle the parsley and basil over the soup.
- Serve good bread with this soup!