Mix and match the seafood to your own liking, with clams, mussels and/or squid. You can substitute the turmeric for 10-12 saffron strands.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 leek, cut into thin rings
- 1 fennel bulb, quartered,tops and core removed,then cut into thin strips
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chili pepper, seeds removed and finely cut
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 -4 cups fish stock or 3 -4 cups vegetable stock or 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 lbs white fish fillets, approx
- 8 large raw prawns, shelled or with shells left on
- white pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1Heat the oil in a large pan and fry your celery, leek, onion, garlic and chili for 5 minutes.
- 2Add tomatoes, bay leaf, turmeric, oregano, white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3Add 3 cups of the stock; bring to the boil simmer for another 5 minutes.
- 4Now add the fish and after 3-4 minutes add the prawns, when they turn pink the soup is ready.
- 5If you want more liquid add the remaining stock.
- 6Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle the parsley and basil over the soup.
- 7Serve good bread with this soup!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Very Fishy Soup
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.8
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 131.1 mg
- Sodium 516.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 39.5 g