1/2 Photos of Vrasta Fasolakia Freska
echo echo's Note:
This is a Greek green-bean recipe. The fennel seeds in the recipe impart a sort of licorice-like taste, so if you don't like licorice you might want to omit these. I've made it both with and without and it still tastes good, though different, without the seeds. A good side dish to serve with moussaka.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté the onion in butter until golden brown.
- 2Add the beans to the onion and sauté, stirring constantly, until the beans turn a bright green.
- 3Add the garlic through salt and pepper.
- 4Simmer 30 minutes, or until beans are tender.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vrasta Fasolakia Freska
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 541.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 2.9 g