1/2 Photos of Walnut Cheese Wafers
This is out of the Greek cookbook that I gave my SIL as a gift. I haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Put the walnuts in a food processor and chop finely.
- 3Remove and set aside.
- 4Add flour plus the extra 1 tbs of flour, salt & pepper to the processor bowl.
- 5Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture.
- 6Mix in short bursts until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- 7Coarsely grate in cheese, add the reserved walnuts and mix quickly to form a dough.
- 8Turn mixture on to a lightly floured surface and roll out thinly.
- 9Using a 2 1/2 in round cookie cutter cut the dough into rounds and place on baking trays.
- 10Brush the tops with beaten egg.
- 11Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes until golden.
- 12Cool and store in airtight container.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Cheese Wafers
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.2
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 172.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 3.2 g