This is out of the Greek cookbook that I gave my SIL as a gift. I haven't tried it yet but it sure sounds yummy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Put the walnuts in a food processor and chop finely.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add flour plus the extra 1 tbs of flour, salt & pepper to the processor bowl.
- Cut the butter into small pieces and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix in short bursts until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Coarsely grate in cheese, add the reserved walnuts and mix quickly to form a dough.
- Turn mixture on to a lightly floured surface and roll out thinly.
- Using a 2 1/2 in round cookie cutter cut the dough into rounds and place on baking trays.
- Brush the tops with beaten egg.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 10 minutes until golden.
- Cool and store in airtight container.