This is from my Cookshelf Rice and Risotto cookbook. I have not tried it. Cook time is estimation of time it takes to cook the rice. It looks yummy!
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 1⁄4 ounces kalamata olives or 2 1⁄4 ounces other brine-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled,plus
- extra feta cheese, cubed,for garnish
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 -4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- diced cucumber, to garnish
- Cook rice till tender.
- Drain and rinse under hot water.
- Drain again.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, feta, cheese, capers and parsley.
- Stir to coat.
- Toss along with the rice in a large bowl.
- Garnish individual servings with feta cheese and diced cucumbers.