1/1 Photo of Warm Greek-style Rice Salad
This is from my Cookshelf Rice and Risotto cookbook. I have not tried it. Cook time is estimation of time it takes to cook the rice. It looks yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 1/4 ounces kalamata olives or 2 1/4 ounces other brine-cured black olives, pitted and halved
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled,plus
- extra feta cheese, cubed,for garnish
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 2 -4 tablespoons fresh parsley or 2 -4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- diced cucumber, to garnish
- 1Cook rice till tender.
- 2Drain and rinse under hot water.
- 3Drain again.
- 4Whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper.
- 5Add the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, feta, cheese, capers and parsley.
- 6Stir to coat.
- 7Toss along with the rice in a large bowl.
- 8Garnish individual servings with feta cheese and diced cucumbers.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Warm Greek-style Rice Salad
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 533.3
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 890.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 13.2 g