Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A very refreshing salad that includes the surprisingly wonderful combination of watermelon, feta and olives. Enjoy!
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, slivered or finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups watermelon, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- serve on lettuce leaf (optional)
- Place red onion in a large bowl. Add watermelon, feta and olives.
- Sprinkle with mint leaves, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Toss until everything is coated. Let stand for at least 15 minutes, until ready to serve. Serve on lettuce leaves if you want.
This was great - very light and summery, with cheese! I didn't have any dried mint so put a drop of peppermint extract in the olive oil.
This lovely salad is so fresh and refreshing just perfect for the hot humid days of summer that we are experiencing. It made a great breakfast this morning. The salad was wonderful, sweet, tart, salty, minty and creamy. Thank you so much for sharing this treasure. I made as written but used fresh mint instead of dried as I was out. It worked really well in this dish. Made for ZWT9.
Very good! I chose this recipe because I wanted to use up the other half of the watermelon and I had all the rest of the ingredients -- so glad I did -- this was wonderful with sandwiches! Thanks for sharing!