1/1 Photo of Winter Portabella Mushroom Stew
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 8 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced 1/2-inch thick, gills removed
- 1 lb large white mushroom, thickly sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- salt & fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and rosemary and cook stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 12 minutes; remove to a bowl.
- 3Return the pan to the stove and add half the remaining oil.
- 4When it's hot, add the portabella mushrooms and sauté until nicely browned, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add portabellas to the onion mixture and repeat sautéing with the remaining oil and the white mushrooms.
- 6Return everything to the pan and add the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, 1-1/2 cups water and vinegar.
- 7Simmer gently for 12 to 15 minutes, then swirl in the butter.
- 8Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Winter Portabella Mushroom Stew
Serving Size: 1 (1381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 859.4
- Calories from Fat 515
- Total Fat 57.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1316.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 39.3 g
- Protein 26.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sherry wine vinegar