I came up with this as an alternative to Mexican scramled egg wraps that I have tried. This recipe is packed full of veggies! If you find the veggie-egg ratio too heavy on the vegetables, just add more eggs! I use small (lite) wraps so this often makes 6 smaller wraps but if you use larger wraps it makes 4. Half this recipe is 10 Weight Watchers points.
- Spray a non-stick skillet with a little cooking spray.
- Finely dice the red onion and set aside.
- Shred/ grate the zucchini and lay the flesh on a paper towel to soak up any moisture.
- Quarter the cherry tomatoes, scrape out the seeds and finely dice the flesh. Lay the flesh on a paper towel also to soak up any moisture.
- Finely chop the black olives and the feta cheese. Set both aside, separately.
- Beat the eggs with the Cavenders Greek seasoning.
- Saute the chopped onion in the non-stick skillet for 2 minutes over medium heat, stirring.
- Add the zucchini, tomatoes and olives and cook for a further minute.
- Add the beaten eggs and cook, still stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until done.
- On each wrap, place some of the egg mixture and top it with feta cheese. Fold over the wrap and enjoy!
Followed your recipe right on down (my other half wouldn't have let me omit the feta!), & filled 4 tortillas right up for a very delicious wrap! No need for warming the soft tortillas I use as they are ALWAYS soft, but maybe that's also because we go through so many of 'em! Wonderful recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]
You really have a winner here. I made it using Greek Seasoning (which is fabulous) and using the feta. It's a wonderful flavor experience and made a perfect lunch. I see that some reviewers have mentioned warming the tortillas, I always warm them for a few seconds in the microwave because they are so much more compliant about being wrapped. I used kalamata olives and what else can I say except Yumm!
Shuz, a perfect taste for a Sunday morning on the farm. Loved the greek seasoning coupled with the eggs and the tortilla. I warmed my tortilla and the eggs almost melted into the tortilla it was so good!! made for ZWT 6