I'm on Weight Watchers and I used to follow a low carb plan. I missed the big omelets that I used to make when I was low carbing it. I use the egg white substitue that comes in a carton (Better than Eggs or Egg Beaters) and the Birds Eye Pepper Stir Fry Frozen Mix because I'm usually pressed for time. This is so good with the mixed veggies and spinach, the tanginess of the feta, and the oregano. All for only 8 points! This makes a big omelet, so if you split it it's only 4 points! Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano (to taste)
- salt, to taste
- fresh pepper, to taste (a few grinds)
- In a nonstick 8 inch skillet heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking.
- Add the frozen vegetables, stirring often, until they soften and heat up.
- Add the fresh spinach, and cook, until spinach wilts and is heated through.
- Pour the egg whites over the vegetables and when the edges begin to set, push inward with a spatula to allow uncooked egg to go to the sides. Tilt pan if necessary to make sure the egg whites cook evenly.
- When egg mixture is almost set, top with the feta and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle the oregano and salt and pepper on. Fold in half, and allow to cook 1-2 minutes longer so the cheese will melt. Transfer to a plate and eat!