3 hrs 10 mins
Found on-line at About.com. Posted for Zaar World Tour 4. If using bamboo skewers remember to soak them for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling. Prep time includes marinating time. This would be good served with a simple orzo or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs swordfish, cut in 1 1/2 inch cubes (about 12)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (equal to number of swordfish pieces)
- 12 fresh bay leaves (large, break in half, small use whole, equal in number to swordfish pieces)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut in 12 square pieces
- 1 onion, cut in 12 square pieces
- 1Whisk together olive oil and lemon juice until thick and creamy. Whisk in remaining marinade ingredients.
- 2Place swordfish cubes in a plastic bag and pour in marinade.Mix it around to make sure all the pieces get good and covered.
- 3Marinate for 2-3 hours, turning the bag occasionally.
- 4To make skewers, thread on a piece of swordfish, a bay leaf (or half a large leaf), a cherry tomato, a piece of pepper and a piece of onion. Repeat order.
- 5Grill over hot coals for 8-9 minutes, turning to cook evenly. Swordfish is done when juices bubble up.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Xifias Souvlaki: Grilled Swordfish Kebabs With Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.5
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 66.3 mg
- Sodium 745.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 37.0 g