Wonderful sweet cake from The Book of Greek Cooking by Lesley Mackley(present from my second cousin.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 375 F (190 C).
- 2Grease and line a 9- inch round cake pan.
- 3In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar until creamy.
- 4Gradually mix in oil.
- 5Stir baking soda into yogurt.
- 6Stir yogurt and half the lemon zest into egg yolk mixture.
- 7Sift flour and baking powder into mixture and fold carefully.
- 8Beat eggwhites until stiff but not dry, then fold into batter.
- 9Pour mixture into the prpared pan.
- 10Bake 40-50 minutes. Leave in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 11Dust with powdered sugar and sprinkle remaining lemon zest over the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Yiaourtopita - Yogurt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 462.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.7 mg
- Sodium 225.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of