This is the perfect dish to make during the summer when the produce is really lovely. This salad makes a great side for just about any main dish. The dressing is so tasty, make sure you have extra bread to dip into it.
- 6 medium tomatoes (sliced in half, then quartered)
- 1 large cucumber (peeled, sliced and cut in half)
- 1⁄2 large red onion, chopped
- crumbled feta cheese (amount to your taste)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspsons seasoned garlic salt
- Cut up veggies, add cheese and pour dressing over the top!
- Let the salad sit for 20 minutes before serving so flavors can combine.
- You can also add Kalamata olives.
- Serve with great bread and a glass of wine.
Yes it is YUMMY, I've had simular in restaurants but never could quite duplicate, your's came very close. I didn't want to cook (tempature today was 106')anything so tripled it. Everyone enjoyed and my daughter took it to work the next day. Thank you for sharing this.
This was very good. I used fresh garden tomatoes and seeded the cucumber. I think the balsamic vinegar was a little strong for my preference and prefer the flavor of lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
YUMMY! Absolutely scrumptious! I used Lebanese cucumber so left it unpeeled, about 6 ounces of low-fat feta, and added the kalamata olives – as suggested in step 3. I would undoubtedly have added them anyway: just love them! But the instruction I really, really loved was step 4: ‘Serve with great bread and a glass of wine’! Yes!!! I enjoyed this wonderful salad with evelyn/athens’ Lemon Wild Rice Salad Lemon Wild Rice Salad – and a glass of champagne! Thanks for sharing! I’ll be making this again and again, and when I’m not eating it with a rice dish, I’ll certainly serve it with bread as well as wine! This would also be a fabulous side dish to grilled or BBQd meat. Thanks for sharing this recipe!